Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Leftovers

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Holiday and are still enjoying the long weekend.

If you were the lucky one and you got to cook Thanksgiving dinner, like I was, then you are probably blessed with leftovers from the big feast. Instead of just regurgitating the same old thing from the leftovers, I have listed a few recipes below to add some pizazz to your turkey day leftovers.

Turkey sandwiches seem an easy, quick and simple dish to make with the leftovers, so here is some links to some delicious sandwiches.

Hot Turkey Sandwiches

Hot Roasted Turkey Mountain

And here is a great looking and tasting sandwich that is my favorite. It is from our friend Mark Summers and his show Unwrapped called Thanksgiving Unrapped. I love the story about this restaurant that serves Thanksgiving dinner everyday! I know we have a place close to my home called Turkeyville. Do you have anything similar in your area? Let me know!

I couldn't find a video, but basically the sandwich is on a thicker bread, one that can handle a lot of weight. Then thick slices of turkey are placed on the bottom slice of bread, followed by scoop of cranberry sauce and stuffing. It looked very good.

Till next time.....

No comments: